No guided tours until further notice
As a result of the new Germany-wide coronavirus restrictions that have been issued, all Elbphilharmonie guided tours have been cancelled at least until further notice. Refunds will be issued for cancelled guided tours – customers will be personally notified.
Public Concert Hall Tours
In addition to exciting stories about the beginnings of the Elbphilharmonie and details about the architecture of the new Hamburg landmark, we also provide information on the operation of the concert hall and its music programming.
- Duration: approx. 90 minutes
- Language: German, English
- Max. group size: 10 participants
- Not accessible
- €15 per person
- A maximum of five tickets may be purchased at any one time.
Concert Hall Tours for Private Groups
A company event, a special birthday or a trip for an intimate circle of friends – concert hall tours are also offered for private groups.
- Duration: approx. 90 minutes
- Available in a variety of languages
- Private group tours may only be booked by and for private individuals, not by distributors
- Fixed price: €200 for a group of up to 10 participants
- Not accessible
- Also available with a focus on architecture or music
Dates and Tickets
- Concert hall tours are planned in accordance with the concert and rehearsal schedule of the concert hall. Tickets are generally not available earlier than 6 weeks before the date of the tour.
- Concert hall tours are available to book online or in person at the <a href="/en/how-to-book#vorverkaufsstellen">Elbphilharmonie Ticket Shop</a>.
- View the <a href="/payment">payment options</a>
- Bookings are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- As part of the coronavirus hygiene concept, the lifts will not be in use, therefore we are unable to offer accessible tours at the present time.
Meeting point and important information
- All concert hall tours start from the Elbphilharmonie Ticket Shop. The ticket shop can be reached via the main entrance, and is located on the ground floor, on the right in the corridor, next to the big escalator.
- Please arrive at the Visitor Center 15 minutes before the start of the tour. Late arrivals (later than start time) may not participate, and are not entitled to a replacement tour or a refund of the purchase price.
- Our guided tours are physically demanding. This is due, in particular, to the staircases extending over many floors in the Grand Hall foyer that must be climbed by foot.
- Tours are not recommended for children under the age of eight.
Frequently asked questions
- Distancing rules & hygiene concept during the coronavirus pandemic
At what times do guided tours take place?
Guided tours are planned in accordance with the concert and rehearsal schedule of the concert hall. Tours are offered at different times almost daily. The majority of guided tours take place between 10:00 and 17:00.
Does the tour visit the Garand Hall?
A vast majority of guided tours takes visitors into the Elbphilharmonie Grand Hall. In rare cases, the hall cannot be visited owing to its concert and rehearsal schedule.
Will the Recital Hall also be viewed?
The Recital Hall is a multipurpose space and continually hired out. Only in exceptional circumstances is the Recital Hall offered as part of a guided tour.
Are there breaks during a guided tour?
Tours do not include a toilet break.
Are lifts used during regular guided tours?
On the concert hall tour, some floors – in particular in the foyers of the Elbphilharmonie – are reached by taking the stairs. The lifts will not be in use during the coronavirus pandemic, according to the coronavirus hygiene concept.
Where do the tours start?
All concert hall tours start from the Elbphilharmonie Ticket Shop. The ticket shop can be reached via the Elbphilharmonie’s main entrance, and is located on the ground floor, on the right in the corridor, next to the big escalator.
Where do the tours end?
Guided tours end on the Plaza, where guests are welcome to remain and enjoy the view over the city and the port. A separate Plaza ticket is not necessary.
Is photography permitted during tours?
No audio recording, video recording or photography is allowed during guided tours.
Is it possible to store suitcases or valuable items?
Yes, lockers are located in the corridor on the right-hand side of the Tube in the main entrance area.
Why aren't the tours suitable for children under 8 years of age?
The guided tours last 90 minutes, are aimed at a more grown-up audience and are not designed for children in mind. Children are however welcome to participate. Children under three years of age do not require a ticket.
Are discounts available for children, senior citizens or unemployed persons?
No, there are no discounts.
Can tickets for guided tours be exchanged or refunded?
No, bookings are final. Tickets for guided tours cannot be refunded or exchanged.