Spielbetrieb in Corona-Zeiten
Since the distancing rules also apply for the musicians, a number of events are going ahead with adapted programmes and line-ups; many concerts have been shortened and are performed twice. To ensure a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between guests, only around one-third of the seats in the auditorium of Elbphilharmonie and Laeiszhalle can be occupied. In addition, you must wear a face covering in all the passageways in the concert area and on the Elbphilharmonie Plaza. You do not have to wear a face covering when seated in the concert hall, or when consuming food and drinks in the foyers as long as you are at a bar table or sitting on a bench.
Tickets for new concerts
The concerts in the Elbphilharmonie and the Laeiszhalle are presented by various promoters. As a result, sales channels and sales dates can vary.
Tickets for most of the events whose programmes have had to be changed as a result of the coronavirus go on sale on the first Tuesday of the previous month. The address and telephone number of the ticket purchaser is collected during the booking process in case it becomes necessary to trace Covid-19 infection chains. Subscribers and customers who have participated in the ticket ordering process will be notified first and get advance booking priority.
Tickets for most events later in the season can still be booked. It is only necessary to pay when it is certain that the respective concert is going ahead. Those who have booked tickets will be given advance booking priority if an event has to be rescheduled because of the coronavirus.
How it all works
- Up to 4 tickets can be booked per concert. There is no limit on the number of events during the 2020/21 season you can book tickets for.
- When you book tickets, you state your desired price category. Specific seats will be allocated, best seats first, in the order in which booking requests are received, and six weeks before the date of the concert at the latest.
- Only then will customers receive an email with information about their exact seats and a link to pay for their tickets.
Ways of ordering
- You can order online via the ticket link on the relevant event page in the programme overview.
- We are also happy to take bookings by phone from customers who are not able to book online: +49 40 357 666 66
- Bookings can also be made in the Elbphilharmonie Ticket Shop. The ticket shops in the Brahms Kontor and the Elbphilharmonie Kulturcafé will remain closed for the time being.
Changing or cancelling orders
- No changes can be made to an order once it has been placed. However, it is possible to select concessions and redeem vouchers before you pay for the order.
- It's possible to cancel an order via the customer account (in the Elbphilharmonie’s online ticket shop) as long as the seat allocation process hasn’t begun. In addition, orders are automatically cancelled if tickets are not paid for by the stated deadline
Event cancellation or change
Should it be impossible for an event to go ahead as planned, everyone who has ordered tickets will be informed of any alternative arrangements six weeks before the event date at the latest. Concertgoers will also be informed of any special conditions that may be in force at this time due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Once orders have been allocated, any remaining tickets will be put on general sale and customers can then choose specific seats when they book.
In the 2020/21 season, more than 50 different subscription series by various promoters are available, and these allow you to save at least 20% on the price of individual tickets. Subscriptions usually go on sale in spring – some promoters also accept subscription bookings during the current season.
Ticket Shop in the Brahms Kontor
Please note: The Ticket Shop remains closed until further notice.
Elbphilharmonie Ticket Shop
Located on the ground floor of the Elbphilharmonie.
Platz der Deutschen Einheit
Closed on public holidays
Ticket Shop in the Brahms Kontor
Located across from the Laeiszhalle on the ground floor of the Brahms Kontor (left-hand side).
Please note: Closed until further notice.
Located next to the fountain on Mönckebergstrasse.
Please note: Closed until further notice.
Click, buy, print or save paper by downloading booked tickets onto your smartphone. Booking tickets online is quick and easy: just click the ticket button on each event page under »What’s On«. Here you can also find up-to-date programme information.
Book tickets over the telephone by calling us on +49 40 357 666 66.
Please note: Currently the ticket hotline is only open from Tuesday to Saturday between 10:00 and 18:00.
Protect your ticket purchase with insurance coverage from HanseMerkur. The insurance covers the cost of a ticket if you cannot attend an event – for example, due to illness or an injury. HanseMerkur insurance coverage will be offered to you in your booking confirmation email.
Some internet platforms are advertising tickets for sold-out events at the Elbphilharmonie. In fact, these are private sellers, who partly offer tickets from dubious sources and for highly inflated prices.
We recommend that you purchase tickets only from official ticket shops, online at www.elbphilharmonie.com, or on official online platforms of external promoters to which you will be forwarded to from our website, www.elbphilharmonie.com.
Personalised tickets have become necessary in order to take severe measures on illegal ticket sales and to protect concertgoers from overpriced tickets.
What is allowed?
The person entitled to attend the event is the ticket purchaser as the promoter’s contractual partner. However, it is possible to transfer the ticket to another person if the purchase contract is adopted along with all rights and obligations. If you would like to pass on your tickets to family members or friends, be that as a gift or in return for the original ticket price, please cross out the name entered on the ticket and enter the name of the new entitled person. You can also change the name of the ticketholder via your customer account on www.elbphilharmonie.de and then download or send the online ticket again.
What is prohibited?
Selling tickets via online marketplaces is expressly forbidden. Ticket holders who have not acquired their tickets legitimately can be refused access to the event.
Your Seat in the Elbphilharmonie
Take a peek in the Grand and Recital Halls of the Elbphilharmonie: using the 360° viewer, you can select your seat from five different price categories. A preview shows the representative view of the stage from your seat.
The following discounts and concessions apply to events promoted by the Elbphilharmonie and Laeiszhalle (HamburgMusik). Please note that different reductions may apply to concerts organised by other promoters.
Subscribers and donors
Subscribers, members of Freundeskreis Elbphilharmonie + Laeiszhalle e.V., and donors and benefactors of Stiftung Elbphilharmonie (Bronze level and up) get a 10% discount on up to two tickets for a number of concerts.
Young People Aged 30 and Under
- get a discount of 50% upon presentation of a valid ID.
- pay only €10 for the best available seats for numerous concerts with the REDticket, in the week leading up to the event.
- in person at the Brahms Kontor Ticket Shop, at the Elbphilharmonie Ticket Shop or at the Elbphilharmonie Kulturcafé
- at the box office on the evening of the concert
- via our online ticket shop (click the ticket button on the event page and choose REDdiscount when booking)
- by phone at +49 40 357 666 66
Severely Disabled Persons
All severely disabled persons receive a 15% discount.
If a disabled visitor has a »B« pass, the companion gets a free ticket (book by calling +49 40 357 666 66, emailing email@example.com or going to one of the Elbphilharmonie ticket shops).
- Social Card
NDR Kultur Karte
NDR Kultur fosters more than 140 cultural partnerships across northern Germany. As a NDR Kultur Karte holder you profit from this unique network.
On presentation of your NDR Kultur Karte you recieve 10% discount off all NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchestra concerts, concerts in the »NDR das neue werk« series, as well as concerts by many promoters at the Elbphilharmonie and the Laeiszhalle.
Group bookings can be requested by email with the corresponding concert promoter.
HamburgMusik, NDR, Symphoniker Hamburg, Ensemble Resonanz and Hamburgische Vereinigung von Freunden der Kammermusik: please send enquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.