Discover the Concert Hall for yourself
The Elbphilharmonie Tour leads inquisitive visitors to the most interesting and intriguing corners of the building. From the Plaza, it takes you through the foyer areas to the heart of the Elbphilharmonie – the Grand Hall.
In addition to interesting details about the two concert halls, visitors can expect fascinating information about the foyers, the loggias and the facade – either in a flyer provided when you arrive or through entertaining videos.
- The tour is open from 3 July to 9 August 2020. Opening times are from 15:00 to 21:00 during the week, and from 11:00 to 21:00 on weekends. Last entry is at 20:00 every day.
- Language: The flyer for the Elbphilharmonie Tour is available in German only. The accompanying videos have English subtitles.
- Not barrier-free
- Duration: approx. 60 min.
Please note: You need to bring your own smartphone and headphones to play and watch the videos.
Book Self-Guided Tour now
Starting point: Elbphilharmonie Plaza
Platz der Deutschen Einheit
Tickets are available online as print@home tickets or to download onto your smartphone.
- Price per person: €9.00
- Children under 6 years of age need a free ticket. Proof of eligibility for a reduced ticket must be provided upon admission.
- A maximum of 6 tickets can be acquired at a time.
- Tickets for the tour are available online and in the Visitor Center opposite the Elbphilharmonie (at Kaiserkai 62).
- All bookings are binding: tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
Information and Starting Point
- The tour starts on the Elbphilharmonie Plaza.
- Your ticket allows you to access the Plaza 30 minutes before your tour is scheduled to start. You are also welcome to spend some time on the Plaza after completing the tour.
- You can start the tour from the booked time and up to 30 minutes afterwards. Guests who turn up after that have no entitlement to a replacement or refund.
- The tour is physically demanding because you have to climb a number of flights of stairs. The tour is not barrier-free.
- The Elbphilharmonie Tour is not suitable for children under 8 years of age.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the tour visit the Grand Hall and the Recital Hall?
Yes, both the Recital Hall and the Grand Hall are included in the tour.
Are there breaks?
Guests are free to complete the tour at their own pace. Benches are provided at the various stations on the tour so that you can take a short break. Please make sure you keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters away from others.
Can lifts be used?
No, as a result of the current situation the tour is not barrier-free and it is not possible to use the lifts. All floors are reached via stairs.
Where does the tour end?
Self-guided tours end on the Plaza, where guests are welcome to remain and enjoy the view over the city and the port. A separate Plaza ticket is not necessary.
Is photography permitted during the tour?
Yes, however photography is only permitted for personal use.
Is it possible to store suitcases or valuable items?
Neither a cloakroom nor lockers for storing luggage are provided.
Why aren't the tours suitable for children under 8 years of age?
The self-guided tours last 60 minutes, are aimed at a more grown-up audience and were not designed with children in mind. However, children are welcome to participate.
Are discounts available for children, senior citizens or unemployed persons?
Children under 6 can take part with a free ticket. Age will be checked on admission. No other concessions are available.